Wednesday, October 31

fallon vs. zara


(Photo from fashionista.com)

Hey guys! So recently Zara have imitated Fallon's signature design. On the one hand some might say its so unoriginal and too close to the original design but I'm not too phased by this whole 'scandal'. All these high end stores take the biggest trends from the runway to the everyday market at lower prices so I guess this is another trend which they made more marketable! You can't imitate this design without using the chain link and segments of leather, that's like saying you're gonna imitate the spike trend but without the spikes.

What do you think?? let me know below! on a lighter note, I LOVE IT! it's such a creative design and while I appreciate the amount of work designers put into their collections I am (sorry) excited to buy this sometime soon :)

Naz x

9 comments :

  1. I love it too! I think it looks great! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too I love the design!! thank you :) I'll check your blog out :)

      Delete
  2. I think it's really cool - great to make things more affordable, even if you can easily afford the original high end piece. Nice post!

    http://rhythmandruffle.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great necklaces!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow interesting. Well sure thing Zara isn't the first nor the last brand to do these sort of things. Even though they are clearly similar, at the end of the day the material is most probably different, I don't know.
    And at the same time although Zara will sell for much less than the original, still they will sell a bit "over-priced" because it ain't worth it.
    xoxo
    K.
    http://shinigami-u-openingmymind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally get you! Zara doesn't always create original pieces, they play off what was on the runways so this doesn't surprise me :P

      x

      Delete
  5. Look, there's NOTHING in Zara that is original. Everything is a designer or trend rip-off! That's the company policy actually! It's a shame, but hey, apparently that's the way we like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah this is SO true!!we end up wanting these designer trends at lower prices :P

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love hearing what you have to say, and appreciate it! :)