Tuesday, October 30

3 favourite S/S '13 shows



Louis Vuitton S/S 2013

 HOW AMAZING WAS THIS SHOW?! I absolutely love how monochromatic everything was. Totally stripped down and made simple but very effective. The bows in the models hair I thought added a nice, elegant touch to top it all off with pointed heels. From this show you can already look out for two trends: stripes/checkered and a black and white combo. Oh yeah and just recently I spotted Kristen Stewart wearing one of Marc Jacobs' designs for LV in Tokyo promoting Breaking Dawn. I love how she added edge to the outfit and had a sultry look.




Elie Saab S/S 2013

Again most of the dresses were monochromatic but they varied...A LOT. He said himself she could be a "an artist, a photographer, a blogger or a philanthropist."- versatility. The first picture is my favourite dress. You've got the stripes shaping your body for a beautiful silhouette then the burst of colours sneaking their way into the collection. What I also loved was the beautifully embellished gowns at the end. Skinny belts were used to cinch in the waist. The gowns exude a classy, smart, elegant and sexy look. The slicked back hair gave the dresses all the attention :)



Rodarte S/S 2013
Wow okay where do i start. I thought this show was amazing. The Mulleavy sisters really pulled it off. Their inspiration was 'medieval and fantasy role-playing games' and without a doubt you can see that through the armour-inspired skirts and dresses, gorgeous patterns adding a feminine touch and leather fringing dresses. A perfect combination of tough, edge and femininity. I saw some of my favourite models walking the show too which was pretty cool :)

So there ya have it, just a little taster of some of my favourite SS '13 shows!! Some of the trends im looking forward to sporting are: black and white, stripes, embellishments, minimalistic clothes and the colours fondant pink and baby blue. Overall I'm happy we've toned down our closets from last years SS shows.

Have a good week!! I dont have college this week but got loaads to do and I NEED to stop procrastinating!
Naz x

p.s. No copyright intended. I do not own any of the pictures
 blah de blah de blah

2 comments :

  1. Great post and posts
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love hearing what you have to say, and appreciate it! :)