Sunday, November 25

how to rock the baroque trend!

Just Cavalli baroque dress | Balmain mini bag | River Island hairband | Miss Selfridge embellished jacket | J Brand skinny jeans | Oscar de la Renta earrings | Dorothy Perkins baroque keyhole top | Topshop jacquard mini skirt | Rene Caovilla velvet slipper | River Island knicker shorts |

Hey guys, so it's been awhile. Sorry about that! Fell out of the blogging flow because my friend and I took really good photos at Trinity College and when I was about to make a post...none of the pictures would show. It says the file is either unsupported or corrupted etc. Then I feel disheartened and didn't want to give you guys bad quality outfit posts for the rest of the week :(

(SCROLL TO END FOR HOW TO WEAR TREND).

I've been meaning to write this Baroque trend post so finally, here it is. I LOVE IT. I've always loved clothes that exuded opulency, they look so feminine and regal so this trend is pretty great for me. Remember the FW 2012 shows? Feels like years ago but the trends from the runway are still emerging. Well one of the biggest advocates of the baroque trend and perhaps the leader is Dolce and Gabbana. Their show was amazing right!? I fell in love with the Sicilian romantic feel; the lace, the golden ecclesiastical embroidery, the ornate headbands...it's all too much!! Here's a picture in case you've forgotten:


So I think it's safe for me to assume that most of us won't be sporting the trend this way. In the collage above I've put some pieces from River Island, Topshop and Miss Selfridge at affordable prices and here are some tips :)

HOW TO WEAR THE TREND:
  1. Try one baroque print at a time. Pair a baroque peplum top with black cropped pants/black skinny jeans or vice versa (baroque printed jeans and crisp white shirt) to give a balanced look. 
  2. If you want to be subtle, then go for prints that are embossed or on jacquard fabric.
  3. If you're not digging all this black and gold, opt for black and white or white and gold. 
  4. If you only want touches of baroque, then add some baroqueness with a mini bag, ballet flats or earrings. (Or headband if you're a Blair Waldorf kind of girl!)
For me, I'd most likely follow tip number 1, so for a night on the town I'd pair a baroque peplum top with a black leather mini skirt. Hope you like this post! Go now and rock the Baroque! (overused? yeah I thought so too.)
Naz x


10 comments :

  1. This trend is great, love the pattern. I saw a pair of baroque pants at forever21, so bad they didn't have them in my sz. Great post!

    Karen,xx
    http://hablemosfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check in next week, maybe they'll have them :D thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love the Miss Selfridge embellished jacket because it reminds me of the Balmain embellished jacket from this past season. That jacket was pure beauty but way out of what most people could afford.

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SZ54uG1saH4/UAacuZ8sbsI/AAAAAAAAHnc/Lq4wOrNeg2w/s1600/balmain-aw12_balmain_blog-1_storm_10.jpg

    Its still a beautiful jacket!

    -Shevon
    www.trashingfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that jacket! it's amazing!

      Delete
  3. i looove the baroque trend... river island has some amazing pieces in it! i'd love a black and gold jumper or something! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to rock it? Head to to, Dolce&Gabbana style.

    Best, ALLAROUNDEVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice about how to wear this trend, it really helped me to have a more clear idea because I love this kind of patterns.
    Great blog! I am your new follower now :)

    xoxo
    MAria C
    http://shoesandgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, love your choices! I am sooo not a Blair type, but I kind of love the headband :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is everything! I need it like yesterday. Great advice.

    Priscilla
    http://www.prissysavvy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love hearing what you have to say, and appreciate it! :)